Environmental Management System EMS – ISO 14001:2004
An Environmental Management System (EMS) based on ISO 14001:2004 provides the essential framework to identify and manage processes with potential impacts on the environment and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
ISO 14001:2004 sets out the criteria for an environmental management system which provides assurance to employees, customers and stakeholders that the organisation’s environmental performance is being measured and improved. A properly established EMS delivers wide-ranging benefits including savings in waste management, in the consumption of energy and materials, and an improved corporate image.
The benefits of using ISO 14001:2004 inlcude:
- Reduced cost of waste management
- Savings in consumption of energy and materials
- Lower distribution costs
- Improved corporate image among regulators, customers and the public
EMS – ISO 14001 certifcation addresses an array of environmental management elements. It provides practical tools for companies and organisations looking to identify and control their environmental impact and constantly improve their environmental performance.
- ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 14004:2004 focus on environmental management systems.
- Other 14000+ standands focus on specific environmental aspects such as life cycle analysis, communication and auditing.
- Identification of environmental aspects and impacts
- Environmental policy development
- Identification of legal requirements
- Allocation of roles and responsibilities
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Operating costs drop as re-work is reduced, efficiencies increase and penalties due to non-compliance reduce.
- Demonstration of responsibility towards the environment.
- An effective framework for regulatory compliance.
- Contractual obligations or expectations in a business-to-business relationship.
- Establishes effective proceses.
- Is focused on environmental considerations.
- Highlights potential riks and impacts.
- Reduces levels of resources required.
ISC is accredited by JAZ-ANZ. All certification awarded by ISC is recognised internationally by signatories of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF) Multi-Lateral Agreement. For more information on all Global and Local Recognition.
- JAS-ANZ Accredited ISO 14001:2004 Certification Audit
- Access to global research and insight analysis to help your businesses grow
- A distinct understanding of your business, how your business best profits through ISO 9001 certification
- A process driven outcome to certification
- Feedback and value addition from our experienced auditors and staff
- Approachable and flexible team
- Gap Assessment
- Access to professionals with decades of experience across a wide array of industries – that understand your business and how ISO9001 can help you achieve competitive advantage
- 20+ years of operations & 10,000+ global certifications.
- JAS-ANZ accredited.
- Experienced auditors.